Monday 7 November 2011

Insperational text- Album cover

This is another inspirational text that I think fits with the other inspirational texts I've looked at. This is the album cover for Adele 19, I like the shot for the cover image, because it is dark, but her face stands out. I like the shadowing and the bold plain text. I think that it is similar to our other choices, because her face cannot be seen as much, and the image is dark, which is the type of image we want for our cover. For our cover we decided we that we did not want to show all of our models face, which is the type of cover this album has, most of Adele's face cannot be seen which adds mystery. Like most of the other inspirational texts I have looked at, there isn't much colour to the image, it is very limited and mostly black and white. With this CD cover I think the limited colours work well, it allows you to see which part of the cover is the main point to focus on, in this case Adele's face. Apart from black and white, one of the only other colours used is the colour on Adele's face and hair, however even part of that is shaded so it looks black. The title of the album '19' stands out from artist name 'Adele' by using a different font. I think this looks better because it is a good way of separating the two, also the title is in baby pink, so it stands out just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment